If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is a fresh side dish for any summer bbq potluck or just a healthy side kick for your meaty component. My Mom had an over abundant tomato garden and we had to get creative with them! So it's fair to say and I grew up eating a ton of this with every meal, but it is still one of my favorite salads. —Dee
- 1 cup Red Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup Yellow Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 bunch Heirloom tomatoes segmented
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot or small red onion diced
- 1 whole lemon-juiced
- dashes fish sauce to taste (can be substituted with salt)
- 1 handful cilantro, destemmed and finely chopped
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into bite size pieces-the more color varieties the better!
- Dice shallot/onion and add to mix.
- Finely chop cilantro and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, and fish sauce (which I highly recommend for flavor. However, salt can be used)
- Pour dressing over salad and top with cilantro. Mix well and serve chilled! **Add a thinly diced jalapeño for a kick!**
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper