If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 150 grams Arborio rice
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1800 milliliters Vegetable stock
- 100 milliliters White wine
- 75 grams Parmesan
- 300 grams Plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2 Shallots
- 250 grams Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 4 grams Soya lecithin
- 150 grams Mixed cherry tomatoes
- To make the tomato sauce quarter the plum tomatoes, and finely dice one shallot. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil, add the tomato and the shallot and cook on a low heat for one hour. Blend the tomato sauce and pass through a fine sieve and set aside.
- To make the slow roasted cherry tomatoes, score the cherry tomatoes and pour boiling water over them. After 15 seconds transfer to a bowl of iced water. Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Finely dice the tomato flesh. Place the diced flesh in a bowl with lemon juice, brown sugar, oregano, and diced shallot. Cook in the oven at 90 C for 2 hours.
- To make the raw tomatoes, similarly to the slow roasted cherry tomatoes score the mixed cherry tomatoes and pour boiling water over them. After 15 seconds transfer to a bowl of iced water. Peel the skin, and remove the seeds. Finely dice the tomato flesh. Place the diced flesh in a bowl and add olive oil and salt and pepper.
- To make the risotto, heat one litre of vegetable stock. Finely dice the onion and garlic gloves. Head 2 tbps olive oil and gently cook the onion and garlic for five minutes. Add the risotto rice and cook for one minute. Add the white wine and cook until the wine has been absorbed. Add one ladle of stock to the pan and stir. Stir and cook over medium heat and add another ladle of stock once liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this step until risotto has cooked to your liking (approx 15 mins). After 10 minutes add the tomato sauce and the slow roasted cherry tomatoes and season. Once cooked, add 25 grams of grated parmesan and stir.
- To make the parmesan foam bring 800 ml of stock, 50 grams parmesan and soya lecithin to boil. Allow to cool and blitz using a hand blender until the mixture starts to foam.
- To assemble, divide the risotto between two plates, garnish with the parmesan foam, raw mixed tomatoes and watercress leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper