This bruschetta is a perfect summer bruschetta when tomatoes and cantaloupe are in season. Great appetizer for summer outdoor parties!
This bruschetta is a perfect summer bruschetta when tomatoes and cantaloupe are in season. Great appetizer for summer outdoor parties!—Laura Schultz
pieces of cantaloupe cubes, 1 inch cubes
teaspoons white vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Loaf of french baguette or similar artisan bread
In This Recipe
- 1. Finely dice the tomatoes, red onion, and cantaloupe. Depending on size of your fruit and onion, you will want to end up with equal parts cantaloupe to tomatoes, and red onion should be half the amount of tomatoes you are putting in. Place in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Cut the basil leaves into ribbons, and add to mixing bowl. Add the white vinegar to the mix, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3. Slice the baguette into 1/2 thick slices, 8 pieces. The bread can be toasted in a toaster, grilled on the grill, or toasted in the oven. Grill or toast bread to get bread crispy but not too dark. Once bread is toasted, brush grapeseed oil on the slices of bread.
- 4. Top the bruschetta bread slices with the topping that was set aside and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper