I made up this soup recipe when I was in a CSA and came back one evening with a bunch of different cooking greens. You can use up a lot of greens with this recipe, but I recommend you use at least 3 different types of greens - Kale, Mustard Greens and Collard greens. You can definitely add bok choy, swiss chard and beet greens, and you can add more greens than I have specified here, just add additional stock to cover greens while they are cooking. —EdibleUsable
- Serves 6-8
lemon - juiced
small to medium new potatoes
vegetable stock, chicken stock or water
- wash greens and chop into medium pieces. Wash potatoes and cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Peel and finely chop garlic
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and sautee until slightly brown.
- Add chopped greens. Stir and sautee greens until they are significantly wilted and some edges are browned.
- Add the lemon juice and stir until greens are completely wilted. Add the potatoes, stock and salt. Use enough stock to cover the potatoes and greens completely. Cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes are very tender and falling apart.
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender in the pot, or using a food processor or blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Serve with toasted sunflower seeds or toasted bread spread with goat cheese.