If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes you just need an amazingly easy, delicious meal to get you through the week. This is a perfect leftover meal - you can use whatever greens you have lying around and day or two old bread makes the best breadcrumbs. It took me about 30 minutes in total (including making the breadcrumbs!) and really spiced up the regular old pasta and tomato sauce routine. - Hotplate Gourmet —Hotplate Gourmet
Food52 Review: Hotplate Gourmet made her ambitions very clear -- this linguini dish is to be a respectable weeknight dinner, something easy but good. Well, it's more than that -- we think it's terrific. Like an old Italian nonna, Hotplate Gourmet has you use the pasta water to help cook the kale and has you add breadcrumbs to the kale to fortify the pasta. You saute the breadcrumbs in oil, then add garlic and kale, and not too much of either. The garlic gently scents the kale and the greens add substance and sweetness, without making you feeling like you're eating kale for the sake of eating kale! You pull the dish together with some fresh olive oil and grated parmesan and you have a wonderful fall dinner. Next time we make this, we'll set aside the breadcrumbs after they've been toasted and add them back to the pan once the kale has been cooked. Their crunch is so great, you don't want to risk having them get soggy! - A&M —The Editors
cloves garlic, minced
slices, day old bread, cubed
cup olive oil
bunch kale, chopped
cup parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
- Boil pasta according to the package in salted pot.
- Process bread in a food processor until it’s about the consistency of coarse cornmeal.
- Heat ¼ c. oil in a frying pan and add the breadcrumbs. Once the breadcrumbs are slightly toasted and golden brown, add the garlic and continue to stir until well toasted.
- Add the kale to the frying pan with a little bit of the pasta water and sauté quickly.
- Toss the oil mixture with the drained pasta and add salt & pepper to taste. Add the rest of the oil as needed. Mix in parmesan and serve.
- Your Best Way to Cook Greens Contest Winner!