If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This roasted butternut squash salad with quinoa and pomegranate is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants! It is a perfect fall salad! —Julia
pounds Butternut Squash
cup Quinoa, rinsed
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Dressing
teaspoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rinse and cut the squash into bite size cubes. Get rid of the skin by trimming off each cube or peel it beforehand.
- Transfer the squash onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil over (about a tablespoon).
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 200C/400F for 30-35 minutes or until soft throughout. 15 minutes into baking, open the oven and toss the squash pieces around (use a fork or spatula).
- Meanwhile: Rinse quinoa and transfer it in a small/medium sauce pan. Cook according to the package information (I use 1 part quinoa, 3 parts water).
- Deseed the pomegranate and dice avocados (first cut in half, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and dice).
- Prepare the honey dressing (optional) by mixing 4 teaspoons of honey with 4 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 3-4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the squash is cooked throughout and has nice brown color, take it out from the oven.
- Transfer onto a serving plate/bowl or serve on a baking tray (this way the salad stays warm for longer). Throw in pomegranate seeds, quinoa & diced avocado.
- Squeeze half a lemon over (optional) or drizzle with honey dressing (optional).
- Serve as a starter, main or a side dish.