Author Notes: These were created in the home of my dear friend and are named after her. They are now my favourite Thanksgiving tradition!
It's a great way to use up everything and it brings everyone together to create the best ball! It becomes a bit of a competition! —Paula Walsh
handful Panko breadcrumbs
bunch Of leftovers
Deep frier with a light flavoured oil
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and set at the end of the assembly line next to the bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Create ball shaped dumplings with any/all of the leftovers just slightly bigger than a gold ball but smaller than a baseball. Mash it all up and form it into a ball or create layers a mashed potato, turkey, stuffing, cheese, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole. Get creative!
- Dip your ball in egg, then breadcrumbs. You can coat in egg and breadcrumbs again to get a nice crispy shell.
- Drop the ball gently into the frier and cook until brown and crispy.
- Serve with a cranberry chutney or sauce and a nice glass or red!