If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sauteed wild mushrooms with balsamic roasted onions, a creamy ricotta parmesan base on a puff pastry crust. —Nicole
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 2 pounds wild mushrooms ( or whatever is available)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 piece garlic, minced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sweet onion
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Roll out puff pastry on floured surface and cut in 4-inch circles, leave on baking rack in the fridge, while prepping other ingredients. You should get about 8 rounds from a packet of puff pastry.
- Slice the onion in big chunks. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the balsamic and salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 45 minutes.
- While onions are roasting, saute the mushrooms in the butter with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until tender about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix ricotta, parmesan and creme fraiche in a bowl.
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge. Score around the edge, by poking the pastry with a fork about 1 cm from the edge.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on the puff pastry. About 2 tablespoons per tartles. Spread until you reach the scored edge.
- Mix onions and mushrooms and place evenly on top of ricotta mixture.
- Scramble the egg and mix with a bit of water to create and egg wash. Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the wash.
- Bake for 20 mins, till the edges puff up and the pastry is slightly golden.
- Serve immediately