If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple refreshing side made with beets, feta cheese and a light, tasty homemade vinaigrette. —Christine @ Yum and in Love
- 6 beets, scrubbed, with the beet greens cut off (leave 2" of beet stems)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover beets in water in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the beets. Once they are done boiling, they should be able to be pierced with a fork easily. Drain water and remove skins. I do this wearing kitchen gloves (otherwise your hands will get stained). Rinse the beets under cold water and gently rub the skins off. Slice up the beets after skins are removed, making sure the stems are removed as well.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix and pour over sliced beets. Gently toss beets and top with feta cheese.