If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This seasonal salad combines Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale, Garlic Bread Bites, Kale and a fresh Cranberry-Pear Vinaigrette. —Oat&Sesame
Salad & Garlic Bites:
- 1.5 tablespoons butternut squash seed oil (or olive oil)
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch kale, deribbed and chopped (about 2.5 cups packed)
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Garlic Bites:
- 2 cups 1" bread cubes from a seedy whole grain baguette
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon butternut squash seed oil (or olive oil)
- Mix butternut squash with squash seed oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet for 20 min @ 400F until tender. Mix kale with lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Massage juice and salt into kale for a few minutes and let rest.
- Garlic Bread Bites: Heat squash oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add crushed garlic and heat until fragrant, about 30 sec. Add bread cubes and stir until coated with oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toast in skillet for about 5 minutes, tossing until sides get a little crisp and golden. Careful not to let the oil get too hot and start to smoke. The garlic will get a little crispy and some of the seeds from the bread will break off and get toasted - these bits are excellent sprinkled over the squash salad. On a platter or in individual bowls, add kale, squash and bread cubes together. Dress with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 very ripe pear, peeled and core removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of Kosher salt and pepper
- option: add an extra tablespoon of honey if you need extra sweetness
- In a blender or Cuisinart, pureé the pear. Add in thawed cranberries and pulse to break up the cranberries. Add in honey mustard and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle in olive oil together and blend until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper and extra honey if desired.