If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by Pajeon Korean green onion pancake batter. —anka
Makes: 8 small pancakes
Half celery root (celeriac) grated (250 g)
small or 1 large gala apples grated and squeezed (250 g)
cup ice cold water
cup oil for frying
- Wash and grate apples on a cheese grater (no need to peel), squeeze the juice out.
- Peel and grate celery root (celeriac).
- Mix apples and celery root.
- In a separated bowl mix flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt; add ice cold water and mix just to combine.
- Add grated apple and celery root and again; mix just to combine.
- Get your frying pan ready.
- Put it on medium heat and add oil.
- Using 1/3 measuring cup; scup mix and slowly place in frying pan and lightly flatten a little bit, depending on how crispy pancake you want, the thinner pancakes the crispier they will be (make sure to adjust cooking time).
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You will have to do in batches.
- I made eight pancakes, crispy outside and soft inside.
- You can make couple hours ahead and then reheat at 400 F for 6-7 minutes again depends how big pancakes are. Or serve at room temperature.
- You can serve with Maple syrup spiced with chipotle sauce or cashew sour cream and honey.