Author Notes: I was inspired by Pajeon Korean green onion pancake batter. —anka
Makes: 8 small pancakes
Half celery root (celeriac) grated (250 g)
small or 1 large gala apples grated and squeezed (250 g)
cup ice cold water
cup oil for frying
In This Recipe
- Wash and grate apples on a cheese grater (no need to peel), squeeze the juice out.
- Peel and grate celery root (celeriac).
- Mix apples and celery root.
- In a separated bowl mix flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt; add ice cold water and mix just to combine.
- Add grated apple and celery root and again; mix just to combine.
- Get your frying pan ready.
- Put it on medium heat and add oil.
- Using 1/3 measuring cup; scup mix and slowly place in frying pan and lightly flatten a little bit, depending on how crispy pancake you want, the thinner pancakes the crispier they will be (make sure to adjust cooking time).
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You will have to do in batches.
- I made eight pancakes, crispy outside and soft inside.
- You can make couple hours ahead and then reheat at 400 F for 6-7 minutes again depends how big pancakes are. Or serve at room temperature.
- You can serve with Maple syrup spiced with chipotle sauce or cashew sour cream and honey.