If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm garlicky mushrooms, sweet and spicy acorn squash and charred shallots. This warm winter salad has a lot of flavor and is a breeze to make.
medium acorn squash, sliced into wedges
grams mixed salad leaves
grams fresh shiitake mushrooms
cup pomegranate arils
garlic cloves, finely chopped
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons melted butter
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger powder
Juice of half a lemon
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. In a bowl, add the melted butter, ground cinnamon and ginger powder and stir to mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and combine.
- Brush the acorn squash wedges with the melted butter mixture on both sides and spread them out on the baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning the squash once in between for even coloring. Once the squash is tender, remove from the oven.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is smoking hot place the halved shallots on the pan, cut side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are nicely charred and then push them to the side.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan and then add in the mushrooms and chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for about 6-7 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and cooked. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Toss together the cooked mushroom mixture and salad leaves. Divide the salad among the plates, top with squash wedges and pomegranate arils to serve.