If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We came up with this recipe during a fridge clean up and it wound up being a hit. The saltiness of the bacon with the sweetness of the roasted eggplant and onions creates an ideal balance. The blended eggplant gives the sauce creaminess without adding any cream. It is also an easy, quick weeknight meal as most work is done by the oven and very kid friendly. It would be good also used in lasagna. —Rebecca and Ruth
- 1/2 pound Bacon
- 3 Medium Eggplants, diced into half inch cubes
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 box or can pureed Tomatoes
- 1 pound dried Fettuccine or Rigatoni cooked to al dente
- Fresh Parmesan to taste
- 1 ladle of pasta water
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Lay bacon on baking sheet and roast until bacon is cooked through and almost crispy, then set aside.
- Next, blend the roasted vegetables until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning and toss with cooked pasta adding one ladle of pasta water. Top with Parmesan Cheese.