If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty, comforting one-pan meal loaded with broccoli, sweet potatoes, wild rice, and chicken! —Holly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 18.5-ounce can chicken & wild rice soup
- 2 cups chicken stock as needed (more may be required depending on the rice you use)
- 1 cup brown & wild rice blend, uncooked (or your preferred rice variety)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 14 ounces broccoli (1 head rinsed and chopped into small florets)
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large (12-inch) oven-proof skillet. Add onion and carrot, then saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add Progresso Reduced Sodium Savory Chicken & Wild Rice Soup, chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add wild rice, cover, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add thyme, ground mustard, and sweet potatoes. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until rice is cooked to the doneness you prefer. If the mixture seems to be dry add a little extra chicken stock or water to loosen it up. (Different rice requires different cook times so check the package instructions and modify accordingly.)
- Stir in broccoli, cover and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in 2 ounces of cheddar cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheddar on top. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted (keep a close eye on it while broiling).