If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The date jam and the brie pair beautifully together, and the dark red swirls of jam oozing from the cheese when it's carved makes for a lovely presentation. Serve with crackers or crostini and sliced Honeycrisp apples, if desired. —Jessica Cody
- 16 ounces wheel of Brie
- 1 piece frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons date jam
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- flour, as needed for rolling
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- With a sharp knife, cut brie wheel in half so that you can open it like a book (This is easiest when the brie is cold).
- Spread the inside of the bottom half of the brie with the date jam, then place the other half on top, like you’re making a brie sandwich. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a flat work surface and unfold the sheet of puff pastry. Sprinkle the top of the sheet and your rolling pin with some flour and proceed to roll it out until it measures about 12”x12”.
- Place brie, topside down, onto the center of the puff pastry. Gently gather the corners of the pastry sheet in towards the middle, enclosing the brie in the pastry. Slowly transfer brie to a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray, seam side down. Gently gather in any protruding edges towards the brie, so that it’s in the shape of a rough circle. Brush the pastry all over with the egg wash. Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 35 min, until pastry is golden brown and brie is melted and oozing inside. Let rest 10 min before carving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates