If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A slightly sweet and savory dish that can be stretched by adding spaghetti or linguini. —inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 servings
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Place all the ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil and then down to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Let it cool a bit and then place in your blender and blend until smooth.
For the stir fry
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and quartered
- 1 14 to 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces lightly steamed broccoli florets or thawed from frozen
- 1 cup of the previously made sauce, plus more if needed or desired
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 - 8 ounces dry pasta, cooked per package instructions (optional ingredient)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large sauté pan, add the dates and sauté over medium heat for a few minutes to soften them.
- Add the chickpeas and broccoli florets, turn the heat to high and stir fry for a few minutes until all is nice and hot.
- Stir in the cup of sauce and sesame oil. Enjoy this as is or stir in the cooked pasta if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates