If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I keep raw cashew butter on hand almost exclusively for this dressing and any slight variations on it. It tastes like a creamy mayonnaise-based dressing because of the cashew butter's mellow sweetness and naturally high fat content. I love the rousing chorus of "This doesn't have dairy?!" when I serve it to people for the first time. —Laura Wright | The First Mess
Makes 1 cup (250 ml)
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated with a Microplane grater
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the cashew butter and water. Stir with a spoon or small spatula until the cashew butter is broken up and slightly incorporated. Press the chunks of cashew butter up against the sides of the jar to get it as integrated as possible.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Tightly secure the lid, and shake the jar vigorously until the dressing has a smooth and creamy consistency. Store the dressing in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.