If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sophisticated flavor combination of savory cheese, spicy arugula and sweet dates makes this a crowd pleasing appetizer or main dish. I usually pair thinly sliced pears or apples with Gruyere on this pizza, but dates or caramelized onions work really well too. Store bought crust makes this a no-brainer. —Can't live without
- 10-12 Pitted dates, thinly cut lengthwise
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Arugula, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 10" thin crust pizza base (store bought or home made)
- 1/4 cup Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- If you are using store bought pizza crust which is already cooked, brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil (If you are using home made crust, start from after baking the crust).
- Top the crust with Date slivers. Sprinkle crumbled Gruyere and walnuts and pepper flakes and bacon, if using.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes (until the Gruyere cheese crumbles melt and spread over)
- Pull it out of the oven and top it with roughly torn arugula. Slice and serve immediately.