If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegan kale, white bean, and meatball soup is perfect for winter nights or a mid-day snack. —Leticia
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 15 ounces can white kidney beans
- 24 veggie meatballs
- 2 cubes vegetable boullion
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- Prepare garlic, leeks, celery, zucchini, beans, and kale. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium sized soup pot for 1 minute. Add garlic, leek, 1 boullion cube, and 1 Tbs of water. Sautee for 2 minutes until leek is translucent. Add celery and sautee for another 2 minutes. Add zucchini and lower heat to medium-low.
- Meanwhile, take your veggie meatballs in a separate frying pan and fry them on high with 2 Tbs water until they've browned and are crispy on the outside (about 5 minutes).
- Add white kidney beans and cooked meatballs to soup pot, as well as the other boullion cube, soy sauce, asafoetida, and dill, and add water until everything is covered. Turn the heat up to high until soup begins to boil, then add kale, cover, and remove from heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes until kale has wilted.
- Optionally serve with a wedge of lemon, a thick slice of bread, or as is.