If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dressed up with cheese and roasted Brussel sprouts this couscous dish is anything but bland. It is delicious on its own or as a side dish. —All that's Jas
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pearl couscous
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pull off any outer dry leaves of the Brussel sprouts, cut the bottom off and slice sprouts lengthwise.
- Place the sprouts on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Roast until tender and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring chicken stock and butter to a boil. Add couscous and simmer, covered, until couscous is soft and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add cheddar and Parmesan and mix until cheese is melted. Fold in roasted sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.