If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tried and true tricks to get your family to eat vegetables, like these cauliflower steaks. The cilantro and hot pepper aioli is the icing on a...steak. —All that's Jas
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2-3 tablespoons ilive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt (substitute with sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves and trim the stem end of the cauliflower. With a large knife, slice the cauliflower lengthwise into 3/4-inch thick "steaks", keeping as much intact as possible.
- Roast with remaining florets until golden brown, about 20 minutes, flipping the steaks half way through. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve topped with aioli.
Cilantro and hot pepper aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crashed in a mortar or with a side of a knife
- 1 bunch finely chopped cilantro
- 2 seeded and finaly shopped jalapeno peppers
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, and vinegar. Add garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers. Season with salt to taste.