If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The next time you want a light salad to go with your spring meal, this Cucumber, Radish and Fennel Salad with Mandarin Vinaigrette is the one! —Paige
- 1 fennel bulb, reserve the fronds (top greenery)
- 8 ounces radishes, trimmed
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mandarin juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice the white part of the fennel, the radishes, and cucumber. Add the vegetables to a large bowl and make the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, combine mandarin juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly stream in olive oil while whisking. Whisk vinaigrette until thoroughly combined. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the veggies. Chop the fronds of the fennel and use it to garnish your salad.
- Serve immediately or let it chill for a while to let the flavors meld.