If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Did you know you can make one pot chicken rice dinner from scratch in less than 20 minutes, following just 5 easy steps?
No doubt, you need more one pot dinners in your life like this easy Bosnian-style chicken and rice. This recipe is made all over the world with countless variations on the theme. Throw everything into one pot and call it a day. What’s not to like? —All that's Jas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ckicken stock or water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- Step 1 To begin with, chop, dice, slice, and mince your vegetables.
- Step 2 Next, in a large non-stick pan, cast iron or a saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, carrots, pepper, and garlic until they begin to soften about 3-4 minutes.
- Step 3 Add chicken and brown quickly, then add tomato and cook until the meat is no longer pink about 5-8 minutes.
- Step 4 Stir in the tomato sauce, stock or water, peas, and rice then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked through, 10-12 minutes (add more water is necessary to finish cooking the rice).
- Step 5 Finally, sprinkle with fresh parsley leaves before serving.