If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gluten-free pie is loaded with ramp pesto, za'atar roasted tomaotes, and topped off with a runny egg. If you can’t find ramps or they are out of season, simply swap in arugula, kale, blanched broccoli, or classic basil. —Miranda Hammer
Makes 1 pie
For the za'atar roasted tomatoes:
- 1 pre-made, gluten-free pie crust
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon za'atar spice blend
- pinches salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Toss tomatoes with olive oil, za’atar, and a pinch of salt, and spread out evenly on the sheet tray. Roast for 50 minutes to an hour, rotating the pan halfway through cooking.
For the ramp pesto and to assemble the pizza:
- 4 ounces ramps
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons goat's milk cheddar, shredded (for topping)
- 1 egg (for topping)
- 2 scallions (for topping)
- Coarsely chop the ramp bulbs and place them into a food processor. Add the ramp greens, pistachios, Pecorino, olive oil, chile flakes, lemon juice, and zest, and process until a coarse paste is formed. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Line an additional sheet tray with parchment paper. Place the pre-made, gluten-free crust on the tray. Spoon a generous amount of pesto over the crust. Scatter roasted tomatoes and cheese, if using, on top. Bake for 7 minutes at 375°F. Remove the pie, set aside, and turn your oven to broil. Crack the egg into a ramekin and slide the egg onto the center of the pie. Put the pie back in the oven and broil for an additional 2 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Finish with a scattering of scallions.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!