If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious side dish that your family will love! My trick is using chicken broth in place of water and frozen peas that are not cooked separately. They are added on top of the rice after it has cooked. They come our bright green and perfectly cooked!
Jasmine chicken rice, green peas, with shallots, a hint of lemon and dill. A fun way to serve this, which children love, is packing the rice/peas into an ice cream scoop and serving it as a 'rice ball'. This is fabulous with chicken or pork. —BerryBaby
- 1-1/2 cups Chicken broth (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup Frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon Butter (I use salted for flavor)
- 1 teaspoon Shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest, fresh
- 1 teaspoon Dill, dried
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer and add butter, stir until melted.
- Turn up heat until broth starts to boil, immediately turn down heat to simmer and add rice and stir, then cover.
- Cook according to package directions, usually 15-18 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat. DO NOT remove cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While resting, combine frozen peas, dill, lemon juice and zest, shallots.
- Remove lid from rice and quickly pour in pea mixture. DO NOT mix. COVER and let rest another 5 minutes. Peas will defrost during this time.
- Remove cover and gently toss all ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique
More Great Recipes: