If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Artichokes are one of those scary “I-don’t-know-where-to-start” vegetables. I must confess, I never cooked an artichoke from scratch. Maybe one day when I will be brave enough with tones of free time, I will. But for now the tined artichokes will do.
One of my favourite and, in fact, quickest dishes with artichokes is petit Artichoke and Spinach Crostini. Perfect as a party food or little starter.
But be aware, it’s very addictive! —Kirill Greidan
grams Tined Artichokes
tablespoons Soured Cream
grams Grated Cheddar
pinch Black Pepper
- Let’s start by squeezing all the liquid from the tinned artichoke hearts and chopping them roughly.
- Next, place spinach in a colander and pour some freshly boiled water over it.
- Leave it to cool for few minutes and again, squeeze all the liquid, chop and add to the artichokes.
- Now add the soured cream, mayo and mix well.
- Add finely chopped garlic (you can roast the garlic clove for few minutes over the hob, if fresh garlic is a little pungent for your liking)
- Add grated cheddar and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally slice the baguette quite thinly, put the artichoke and spinach mixture on top of each slice and it’s ready to be served!