Author Notes: Artichokes are one of those scary “I-don’t-know-where-to-start” vegetables. I must confess, I never cooked an artichoke from scratch. Maybe one day when I will be brave enough with tones of free time, I will. But for now the tined artichokes will do.
One of my favourite and, in fact, quickest dishes with artichokes is petit Artichoke and Spinach Crostini. Perfect as a party food or little starter.
But be aware, it’s very addictive! —Kirill Greidan
grams Tined Artichokes
tablespoons Soured Cream
grams Grated Cheddar
pinch Black Pepper
- Let’s start by squeezing all the liquid from the tinned artichoke hearts and chopping them roughly.
- Next, place spinach in a colander and pour some freshly boiled water over it.
- Leave it to cool for few minutes and again, squeeze all the liquid, chop and add to the artichokes.
- Now add the soured cream, mayo and mix well.
- Add finely chopped garlic (you can roast the garlic clove for few minutes over the hob, if fresh garlic is a little pungent for your liking)
- Add grated cheddar and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally slice the baguette quite thinly, put the artichoke and spinach mixture on top of each slice and it’s ready to be served!