If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Halloumi is one of my favourite cheeses. It is so versatile and you can make so many different things with it, like marinate it, deep-fry it or grill it. It is perfect for Vegetarian BBQ parties to accompany your vegetable kebabs.
But if there is no BBQ party happening any time soon, treat yourself to this easy and delicious Warm Grilled Halloumi Salad.
Vibrant in colour and flavour it will bring a little bit of Mediterranean vibe to your lunch! Enjoy! —Kirill Greidan
- 150 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Small Chilli
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 250 grams Halloumi
- 70 grams Asparagus
- 1 Cooked Beetroot
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Lettuce Head
- First of all, we need to make the dressing as it needs some time to marinate. For this, chop very finely cherry tomatoes, chilli pepper, shallot and parsley. Put all chopped ingredients in a medium size bowl and pour sherry vinegar and add salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside while you prepare the salad.
- Slice the halloumi and grill it for few minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile in a small pan bring to the boil some water and poach asparagus for few minutes. Don’t overcook it, no one likes saggy asparagus.
- Peel and slice the avocado and squeeze some lemon juice over it. This will prevent it from going black.
- Shred some lettuce and arrange all of the ingredients on the plate.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately while it is still warm.