If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Do you ever wonder what people around the world eat (besides what you find at ethnic restaurants)? Today, we will eat like the French with this simple hors d’oeuvre recipe for asparagus and egg.
Delicious, French meal prepared in 20 minutes with only a handful of ingredients. Vegetarian and gluten free, this light first course is a perfect starter for your guests. —All that's Jas
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place trimmed asparagus in a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roll the asparagus around to coat each spear in oil, then spread the asparagus in a single layer. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes (10 to 12 minute if your asparagus is thick). Remove from the oven and drizzle with lemon juice and Parmesan.
- Meanwhile, boil the eggs, about 5 minutes for a large-size egg and 4 minutes for a medium-sized egg. Run the eggs under cool water to stop them from overcooking. Peel them and slice horizontally.
- Serve the eggs with the asparagus.