If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve added to my favourite vegetable some bacon, sweet chestnuts and quinoa, to create a flavoursome superfood meal. —Justina
- 200 grams brussels sprouts
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 100 grams whole chestnuts
- 6 thick smoked bacon rashers, cubed
- 2 organic gluten-free stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- Rinse and prepare the Brussel sprouts by removing the first few layers (if necessary) and using a knife to make two slight indents in the bottom of each sprout to produce an 'x'.
- Sprinkle on a little sea salt, pepper and oil over the Brussels sprouts and place in a tray and in the oven for approximately twenty minutes or until tender and golden in places.
- Fry the bacon and set aside.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the Brussels sprouts and carefully mix together. Add a bit more salt and pepper, if needed
- Add the bacon, chestnuts and parsley to the quinoa and sprouts and serve.