If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Russian Mushroom julienne is a perfect dish for your meal plan. Serve it as an appetizer, a meatless main dish, a side dish, or use it as a topping for meats. The best thing - it takes a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare. —All that's Jas
ounces white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
cup thinly sliced onions
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons butter, divided
cup dry white wine
cup sour cream
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan or cast iron skillet melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Next, add sliced mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Sauté on medium heat until mushrooms give out liquid and have reduced to about half the size. Drain the mushrooms and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter then add white wine. Simmer on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the sour cream and mix to blend. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the mushrooms.
- Pour the sauce with mushrooms into an 8x8-inch baking pan, or divide equally among 4 ramekins. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with crusty bread.