If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Try this delicious Vegetarian Farro Risotto for a simple and easy dinner. —VibrantPlate
- 150 grams farro
- 1 medium-size onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped leek
- 1 medium-size carrot
- 1 medium-size zucchini
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- dry white wine
- 1/2 liter vegetarian stock
- salt, pepper
- finely chopped parsley & chives to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Start by peeling and chopping your vegetables. I like to finely dice the onions and grate the carrots. Finely slice the garlic, dice the zucchini.
- In a pan heat some oil (to cook I use sunflower oil) and lightly fry the onions. Add the garlic, leeks and carrots and saute for a minute or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato puree, farro, zucchini and pour over white wine. Use good quality wine, as a bad wine will leave a bad taste. Cook for a few minutes for the alcohol to evaporate and the farro to soak up the wine, then pour in some vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper. Add stock as needed, stirring the farro frequently, which will give it a creamier texture and it will also prevent for the risotto being too watery. Compared to rice, farro does not soak up so much water, so be careful.
- Cook for about half an hour, until farro is cooked al dente.
- Sprinkle with chives and parsley and serve.