Ready in under 40 minutes, layered with refried beans, taco-flavored ground beef and melty cheese- Stuffed Poblano Peppers are a perfect weeknight meal!
Ready in under 40 minutes, layered with refried beans, taco-flavored ground beef and melty cheese- Stuffed Poblano Peppers are a perfect weeknight meal!—Omeletta
tablespoon vegetable oil
pound lean ground beef
tablespoons taco seasoning (see recipe: http://percolatekitchen.com/homemade-taco-seasoning)
cup refried beans
ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Slice each poblano in half and remove the seeds. Arrange the poblanos, cut side up and side by side, in a large ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large stainless steel saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, crumbling the beef as it cooks.
- When the beef is cooked through, remove the pan from the heat and pour off any excess grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, mixing to combine thoroughly.
- While the beef is cooking, spread 1-2 tablespoons of refried beans into each pepper, smoothing to coat the bottom of each pepper evenly.
- When the beef mixture is cooked, divide evenly among each pepper.
- Sprinkle the peppers with cheese, and place in the oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begins to bubble and brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.