If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ready in under 40 minutes, layered with refried beans, taco-flavored ground beef and melty cheese- Stuffed Poblano Peppers are a perfect weeknight meal! —Omeletta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 5 poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (see recipe: http://percolatekitchen.com/homemade-taco-seasoning)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Slice each poblano in half and remove the seeds. Arrange the poblanos, cut side up and side by side, in a large ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large stainless steel saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, crumbling the beef as it cooks.
- When the beef is cooked through, remove the pan from the heat and pour off any excess grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, mixing to combine thoroughly.
- While the beef is cooking, spread 1-2 tablespoons of refried beans into each pepper, smoothing to coat the bottom of each pepper evenly.
- When the beef mixture is cooked, divide evenly among each pepper.
- Sprinkle the peppers with cheese, and place in the oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begins to bubble and brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.