If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Alannah | Kale Mary
- 1 Can kidney beans, drained and baked at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes
- 150 grams organic non-GMO tofu
- 75 grams organic tempeh
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 10-12 Gluten-free corn tortillas
- Fresh tomato, red onion and lime salsa, to serve
- Avocado or guac, to serve
- Sriracha, to serve
- Blitz tofu and tempeh in a food processor a couple of times. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy-based pan. Add onion and saute until starting to caramelise. Add the garlic and cook on a medium heat for one minute before adding the spices. Once the spices are fragrant, add tahini, soy sauce and vinegar, followed by tofu and tempeh, baked kidney beans, and a pinch of pepper. Cook until liquid is soaked up and all ingredients are cooked through.
- Spoon mix into warmed taco shells topped with fresh tomato, red onion and lime salsa, avocado slices and a touch of sriracha.