If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups farro, dry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 8 ounces asparagus, woody ends removed and sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 3/4 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add farro and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until farro is tender. Drain but reserve cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add scallions and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Stir in asparagus, peas, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- Add in vinegar and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in drained farro and cook for about 3 minutes, then toss in Parmesan cheese. Add ½ cup reserved cooking liquid from the farro, and stir until a nice, creamy sauce forms. Add additional liquid if needed. Stir in mint and adjust salt to taste.
- Divide farro among 4 bowls. Add a tablespoon of ricotta to each one, a few slices of radish, and some freshly ground black pepper.