If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy and beautiful risotto with delicate flavors from red wine, garlic, and beets cooked to perfection in Instant Pot —Archana Deshmukh-Mundhe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth , low sodium
- 2 medium beets, peeled and sliced in to 3-4 pieces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute(more) mode. Once the hot sign displays, add oil and garlic. Cook garlic, until they turn golden and crispy stirring frequently. Take the garlic out and keep aside, leaving the extra oil in the pot.
- Add onions and cook for 1-2 mins until translucent and soft. Add rice and lightly toast for a minute stirring often. Add red wine and mix well, cooking for a minute as the wine reduces.
- Add broth, sliced beets, and salt.
- Close Instant Pot with the pressure valve to sealing. Cook in Manual(Hi) for 7 minutes followed by NPR.
- Open the Instant Pot and take out the beets in a small blender. Blend to a smooth puree and put the puree back in the Instant Pot. Mix well. Add fresh ground pepper.
- Garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano, scallions and garlic slices.