If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy summer dinner, this Rosemary Grilled Chicken on Cabbage is delicious, gluten-free and dairy-free. —VibrantPlate
grams chicken breast
- Cut chicken breast into fillets. Brush chicken with a coat of olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme and fresh rosemary. Coat evenly. Let marinate in fridge for an hour, or overnight.
- Take cabbage heat and with a sharp knife shred into thin strips. If your cabbage is clean and organic, you do not need to wash it, otherwise give it a wash and drain well.
- Heat a grill pan to medium and brush with a bit of olive oil. Add chicken to pan and grill on each side for about 6 minutes, depending how thick your fillets are. When the bottom is seared, flip on the other side and grill for another couple of minutes. Make sure there is no pink meat in the middle.
- Remove from pan and set aside to rest. Return pan to stove without cleaning it, and add shredded cabbage to pan. Quickly stir-fry for a couple of minutes until the cabbage softens, making sure to rub it in any sticky residue in the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Cut chicken into slices and add on top of the cabbage. Pour over any meat juice that developed while the chicken was resting. Serve.
- Optionally, you can serve with a side of french fries or baked potatoes, but keep in mind the dish will not be low-carb anymore.