If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In a similar style as Spanish paella, this dish gets a unique flavor by cooking the dry rice in the sauce from the cooked onions and mushrooms. It is great as a side dish or topped with an egg for a main course. —Arianne Spaulding
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 spring onions with greens, diced
- 1 cup dried rice, rinsed
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- egg (optional)
- Melt butter in a deep pan and cook diced white onion until soft.
- Add mushrooms, basil, thyme and salt and pepper. Simmer until cooked.
- Add about dried rice and pour vegetable broth into pan until it is 1/2in above rice. Add onion stalk and sprinkle with onion greens.
- Cover and cook until rice is done (15-20m).
- Remove cover and allow edges to crisp.
- Serve alone or with an egg on top.