If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/3 pound pancetta
- 1 medium onion
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiana
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Peel and cut up squash and salt and pepper. Peel and dice shallot and onion.
- Saute pancetta in oven-proof pan. Remove and drain, saving fat.
- Adding a bit of oil to fat if necessary, toss butternut pieces in pan; roast for 30 minutes turning once or twice. Add pumpkin seeds for the last 5 minutes to crisp up.
- Saute onions and shallots in butter and oil until soft in heavy saucepan; add rice and stir until rice starts to sizzle. Add about 1 cup hot chicken stock. Stir constantly until the stock is almost absorbed then add remaining stock in one-cup amounts over the next 12 minutes, still stirring. When stock is almost absorbed add wine.
- Add cooked butternut squash, cheese and parsley; stir and cover over very low heat for 5 minutes. When ready to serve, crumble pancetta, pepitas and more cheese over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash