If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: BOU is a better for you line of bouillon cubes for creative cooks at all skill levels. Launched by innovative food entrepreneurs, Robert Jakobi and Kunal Kohli, the cube is a healthier, tastier and higher quality version of the pantry staple. Using a US-based proprietary manufacturing process, BOU uses natural, non-GMO ingredients to produce hassle free flavor at your finger-tips with 30 percent less sodium than the other leading brands. BOU is a kitchen must-have for elevating the flavor of any meal from soups to stews, grilled meats to vegetable stir-fries. BOU is Gluten free and comes in three flavors – chicken, beef, and vegetable. Products are available for purchase at stores across the New York-Metro area, as well as online at Fresh Direct. —Staff
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 ounces panchetta, diced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 chicken BOU cube
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a large sauté pan with sides over medium-high heat, add olive oil to lightly coat the bottom. Cook pancetta until it is brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, plus a pinch of salt and black pepper. Sauté the shrimp until it is seared on both sides, about 2 minutes, then move it to the bowl with the pancetta.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, until beginning to soften. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and the BOU cube to the pan. Whisk well until the cube has dissolved, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring liquid to a boil, let it reduce until almost fully evaporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peas, coconut milk and red pepper flakes to the pan and stir well. Bring it to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Allow the liquid to thicken a bit, stirring occasionally, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pan, followed by shrimp and pancetta plus juices from the bowl, then the tarragon and lemon zest. Toss well, then stir over low heat for about 3-5 minutes until shrimp has cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.