If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cream of Cucumber Soup is a healthy and easy Vegan Soup. Creamy and delicious, this soup is best served hot. —VibrantPlate
- 3 cucumbers, medium size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 0.5 liters vegetable stock
- 3 potatoes, medium size
- bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped lovage (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste
- red paprika to taste
- water as needed
- 1 teaspoon vegan cream (or regular sour cream)
- fresh parsley and chili
- Peel cucumbers and grate them coarsely. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for about half an hour. Then, squeeze excess water out.
- Peel and slice onion and garlic cloves. Peel and dice potatoes.
- Heat a pot and add a spoon of olive oil. Add sliced onions and gently stir-fry until translucent. Add sliced garlic and diced potatoes, a bay leaf and some chopped lovage (can substitute with celery or parsley). Season with some salt and pepper, then pour in vegetable stock and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- When the potatoes are soft, add grated cucumbers to the soup, stir in well and cook another minute or two, just enough for the cucumbers to soften a bit.
- When the vegetables are cooked remove pot from stove and with a stick blender blend the soup until smooth. Add more water if needed (if your soup is too thick) and season with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into serving bowls and decorate with some cream, a dash of red paprika, some chopped parsley and chili for spice (can be omitted). Serve.