If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is traditional Finnish salmon soup, easy to make and taste heavenly.
Many recipes for it can be found online and this is just one of them.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 leek (about 2 cups) sliced
- 4 cups fish stock (you can use fish stock cubes)
- 1 pound potatoes (about 2-3 cups) cubed
- 1 carrot (about 1.5 cups) sliced
- 1 pound salmon cut into large pieces
- 1 cup 35% cream
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add leeks and cook stirring for 5-6 minutes or until leek is welted.
- Add cubed potatoes, carrot and fish stock. Bring to a boil and let vegetable cook for 10-15 minutes depend on the size of the vegetable.
- Add salmon and cream and simmer for 5-6 minutes, adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with chopped dill and serve.