If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is incredibly easy and quick to make, so it is perfect for emergency soup cravings. The texture is light and smooth; zucchini are sweet so I added some crumbled feta with black pepper on top, which makes for a nice contrast. I also added some dill in the soup, and I liked the addition. Alternatively, you could add in some mint for a more refreshing taste! —Silvia Merler
- 2 large zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 4 springs fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, on medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add zucchini and dill, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt, lower to simmer and cover with a lid. Let simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes (you may need to add some more water, although the zucchini will probably release some while they cook).
- When the zucchini are very tender, remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender. You may add some more water if the soup seems to thick, or boil it for some more minutes if it seems to thin.
- Divide the soup into 2 bowls, and top each bowl with 2 tbsp of crumbled feta. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with some olive oil. You may also add some more fresh dill on top, if you like.