If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect vegan dish for fall weeknights. Super easy and unbelievably fast. Just add some roasted pumpking puree to your polenta (use the instant one). You can et it creamy or letting it cool and grill it the next day. The coconut milk gives to the mushrooms a cozy creaminess but without the heaviness of the regular cream. Of course you can add all the vegetable purees that you prefer to the polenta, like carrots, zucchini, broccoli etc. it is also a perfect way to use and upgrade you leftover veggies. —Camilla Rostin
- 1 Pumpking peeled an cut in to cubes
- 4 cm Fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Grund turmeric
- 600 grams Mixed mushrooms
- 4 cm Fresh ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Fresh parsley
- 500 milliliters Water
- 250 grams Instat polenta flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Bake the pumpkin first. Cut a whole pumpkin into cubes (remove the peel), you will not use it all for the recipe, but having some roasted veggies ready in the fridge is always useful. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, put all the pumpking cubes on it and season it with all the spices using your hands. Bake at 230 C° for 30-35 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the mushrooms. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, and the grated ginger and garlic. After 2 minutes add all the mushrooms and salt, stir well and than ad the coconut milk. Cover it up and let it cook for 15 minutes. When the mushrooms are cooked ad the fresh parsley.
- Prepare the polenta. Reduce to puree a cup (more or less) of cooked pumpking. Ad the polenta flour to the salted boiling water ad stir well for 5 minute at low heat. Switch of the heat, ad the pumpkin puree to the polenta, stir and put it in a bowl to serve.
- Serve the fresh polenta with the mushrooms.