If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Congee is a heart-warming rice dish, it is often used as a staple food which is served with a selection of side dishes; it’s simple to cook and easily digested.Congee is popular in Asian countries and it’s early history is in China – it is said the earliest record of Congee is in the Book of Zhou, a record of the Zhou Dynasty, their reign in China lasted longer than any other dynasty. The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter... —Nikki Brown
grams shiitake mushrooms, sliced
grams glutinous rice
grams white long grain rice
grams ginger, finely chopped
grams garlic, finely chopped
grams leeks, thinly sliced
tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
liters quarts vegetable stock
- Wash mixture of glutinous rice and long grain under cold running water.
- Heat oil in a stockpot.
- Sauté ginger and garlic for a minute over high heat.
- Add in chopped leeks and mushrooms. Continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add in rice and stir well inside the pot to coat evenly with the oil.
- Pour stock into the pot. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve with an optional drizzle of sesame oil.