If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A standout side for Thanksgiving or any cold weather meal. —chezjewels
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 6 ounces pancetta, cubed and cooked
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, lightly picked in some white vinegar, salt, and sugar
- Heat the oven to 375. Also heat olive oil in a 12” cast iron skillet. Place the sprouts, cut-side down, on the hot skillet and let cook without moving for about 7 minutes, until they are nice and browned on the bottom. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the sprouts, salt and pepper the dish, and place the skillet into the pre-heated oven without flipping the sprouts. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Return the skillet to a burner. Add the bourbon, then ignite. Add the maple syrup while flames are still turning in order to caramel ice the sprouts.
- Remove from heat. Add the bacon and toss to combine. Add more salt & pepper, if needed. Serve with the pickled shallot.
- Thinly slice the shallot and place it in a small bowl. Salt it generously, add a pinch of sugar, then cover it with vinegar. Let the shallot pickle while you prepare the sprouts.