If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Alannah | Kale Mary
For the pancake
- 250 grams white rice flour
- 50 grams glutinous rice flour
- 400 milliliters coconut cream
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder (see note)
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 100 grams baked tofu cubes
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 cos lettuce
- Mint, to serve
For the dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Adjust flavours to taste.
- Add flour through to stock powder into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat some oil in a cast iron pan and when hot, add some of the onion and tofu, and stir fry until onion starts to brown.
- Keep the pan on a high heat and pour a large ladle of the pancake mixture into the pan. Let it cook for around 3 minutes then add some of the carrot on one half.
- Check the edges can come away from the pan cleanly and gently lift the side without carrots away from the pan and onto the carrots. Let cook a minute longer before transferring to a plate.
- Enjoy with dressing, fried shallots, mint and lettuce.
- NOTE: I make my own vegetable stock powder from 2 tbsp mushroom powder mixed with 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cracked pepper and 1/2 tsp celery seeds.