If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is really seasonal and fresh! I received some beautiful pears in a meal delivery box this week and incorporated them into this fun lunch. I used arugula, Parmesan and a spicy Balsamic Vinaigrette to balance out the sweetness of the pears and the brittle. This would also be a lovely salad to accompany your Thanksgiving dinner! —Leah Hawkins
For the Salad:
box of arugula
cup balsamic vinaigrette
cup shredded Parmesan
cup pepita brittle
- Core the pears and cut them into thin slices.
- Divide the arugula between four bowls.
- Top the arugula with Parmesan.
- Arrange the pear slices on the salad.
- Top the salad with Pepita Brittle.
- Serve with a side of dressing.
For the Pepita Brittle:
cup brown sugar
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Add the sugar and honey and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring consistently.
- Use a candy thermometer to measure the temperature.
- When the mixture reaches 280 degrees, add the pepitas.
- Continue stirring the mixture.
- When the mixture reaches 300 degrees remove the pan from heat.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- After the brittle is completely cool, break it into bite sized pieces.