If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe for the Instant Pot from a friend's "signature dish." The original preparation was quite messy and fussy with lots of pots to clean, oven time, and stress over crispy skin. You'll never get crispy chicken skin in an Instant Pot, so I've eliminated the skin. This is a one-pot-only affair that's quick to boot. —Caroline
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, washed and sliced into ribbons
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 piece garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 dash kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- Set the Instant Pot to the "saute" setting to preheat.
- Generously season the chicken thighs with Old Bay seasoning (it's what makes this dish so "signature"!)
- Once the Instant Pot is hot, add the olive oil and then sear the chicken thighs on all sides. You may need to work in batches. Once browned, remove to a clean plate.
- Keep the Instant Pot on the "saute" setting and add the mushrooms. Allow mushrooms to get nice and browned.
- Once the mushrooms are browned, go ahead and add the shallots, garlic, and kale. Season with salt & pepper.
- Once the shallots, garlic and kale have begun to soften, deglaze with the white wine and chicken stock. Scrape up those browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to the "Poultry" setting for 12 mins.
- Once the Instant Pot is finished, release pressure manually or wait for the natural release. It's done! Enjoy on its own, or served over polenta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe