If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy, Slow Cooker dish debuting chicken, two types of mushrooms, and two types of tomatoes, producing an earthy, tangy taste-- perfect fare for a slow Sunday winter dinner. —margaret wilson
- 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth, or a dry white wine
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (kind in oil), chppd (leave out the oil...)
- 1-14.5 ounces can of diced, tomatoes, WITH their juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound Cooked wide noodles (egg or pappardelle) -- For Serving
- Season chicken breasts with S & P; then brown them in a skillet in the melted oil/butter mixture. Transfer/place them in Slow Cooker-- leaving drippings behind
- In that same skillet, saute shallots & garlic, adding more butter if needed, to get them to brown-edge stage. Then de-glaze that skillet with the dry vermouth
- Add that mixture, along with everything else, into the Slow Cooker -- on top of the chicken
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours
- Serve over cooked noodles or pasta. Garnish with fresh chppd parsley or parmesan cheese -- whatever you like
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe