If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bring out the deep flavors of meatless sausage, tempeh, porcini mushrooms, peppers, celery, garlic, herbs and spices by sauteeing them together in one pot. This easy, one pot, spicy vegan jambalaya recipe is delicious and flavorful. It will satisfy your craving for a hearty, spicy meal. Perfect dinner for a cold February night. —Henrie Marie
- 6 ounces meatless sausage sliced
- 4 ounces tempeh cubed
- 4 ounces frozen or fresh porcini mushrooms - or any other mushroom
- 1 cup diced mixed red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 cup diced sweet white onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun spice - use 1 tablespoon for less spicy
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 leaves fresh or dried bay leaves
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large heavy saute pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute meatless sausage and tempeh until browned. Remove with slotted spoon, and set aside. In the same pot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute mixed peppers, jalapeno peppers, celery and onions until lightly browned then add minced garlic and rice and sautee for another minute or two. Make sure garlic does not burn. Add the sausage and tempeh back into the pan.
- Add diced tomatoes, Cajun spice, bay leaves, fresh thyme and vegetable stock and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe